Tuesday, November 23, 2010

"See ya kid."


Memories, light the corners of my mind



Misty watercolor memories of the way we were.
Scattered pictures of the smiles we left behind
smiles we give to one another
for the way we were.

Can it be that it was all so simple then
or has time rewritten every line?
If we had the chance to do it all again
tell me would we? Could we?

Memories, may be beautiful and yet
what's too painful to remember
we simply choose to forget
So it's the laughter we will remember
whenever we remember
the way we were.


I sometimes picture my life like it's a movie, or better yet, a music video.   Like somehow me just driving down the road could be set to music and it would instantly be more interesting.    Doesn't music make everything more interesting?   As overdone as it's been, I must say that "The Way We Were" brings up those photographic images in my mind.   Every time I hear it I think of my own memories and the people, places I've left behind.  What a wonderful movie to go with the song.  The ending in my opinion is one of the best.    It brings me to tears every time.    We all have our own cinematic moments in our lives.   Some we look back on and smile, and some we'd rather forget.    But I guess it's the good and the bad that make us who we are and who we were.  

"I can't come Katie... I can't."

"I know." 


Sigh..... what a great movie!



8 comments:

  1. Classic movie. Though I thought she was really good in The Owl and The Pussycat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love this movie... in a big bad way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Ashley! "Some we look back on and smile, and some we'd rather forget. But I guess it's the good and the bad that make us who we are and who we were." There's so much truth in that.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never even heard of this movie, but I guess it won't kill me to give it a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like Barbara's singing, but I can't watch her sing...she crosses her eyes I guess, and it makes me uncomfortable. But great movie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmm..i totally agree and empathise with those lines about how life can be pictured as a movie/video, complete with its drama,laughter,tears,some more laughter...even the "slow-motion moments"!
    a pretty good read. <3

    ReplyDelete