Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Daydreaming and Reading.

I started a new book today, “The Glass Castle.”  Anyone read it before?  I’m only a few pages in, so I hope it continues to keep my attention!
glass castleIn other news…
Today was a very busy, but exciting day!   I do sales for my parent’s printing company, and today I got a call from one of my customer’s, a popular hotel chain that we do printing for, and they asked for a quote on 500 vehicle wraps!!!!   I’m trying to not get too excited, but I’ve already been dreaming about what I’d do with that commission check.   I can’t help it!   If I get this job the first thing I’m going to do is hire someone to finish our basement, because after 3 years of “working” on it, it’s clear that me and my husband are NEVER going to get it finished!   So I’m holding my breath that I can just hire someone to do it for me, haha.
I’m so proud of my parent’s.   They started the business out of our family room when I was 8 years old, and now we handle national accounts.    It’s really amazing.   I witnessed from a very young age how to be an entrepreneur.  And that is why I am a horrible “employee,” haha.   I have to work on my own time and schedule.  I’m so fortunate that I get to do that, because I would get fired right away if I had to be somewhere at 8 AM every morning!
Anyway, tomorrow I start with my personal trainer.   So, I’m eating a bag of M&M’s as I write this.   Real productive huh?     I should never allow them in my home, they are addictive.   I need to tell my personal trainer that, maybe he can hang them from a string and dangle them in front of me on a treadmill.  …I bet it would work.

Oh yeah, don't forget to enter my Arbonne giveaway! 

ashsignature

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read THE GLASS CASTLE, but it's on my to-be-read list. My mom just bought a copy and I'm going to borrow it when she finishes. I've heard really mixed reviews -- you'll have to write a post about how you like it.

    I hope the sale goes through and you make a whole lotta money!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never even heard of this novel, but now it's on my radar.

    Cute site!

    ReplyDelete