Friday, January 28, 2011

Super 8, Pawn Shops, and Kevin Costner...

Wow, I have been so out of touch with my blogging world lately.  I've just been so busy and I feel horrible that I've not kept up with you all!   So if anyone's still reading this boring blog, I appreciate it!  

I just got back from Vegas last week.  I was there for my Arbonne conference, and it was a lot of fun, and very motivational.    I went with my whole team and we had a great time! 



 I am soooo ready to kick start my business into overtime.   And soon, very soon, I will be earning my Benz!   Can you tell I really want this car?


Wednesday night after our conference, we decided to go sing karaoke, so we asked the concierge at the MGM, where we stayed, where a good place would be.  She recommended a place called "Ellis Island."   Well, here's a little fact about Ellis Island that you may not know.... it's connected to a Super 8 motel.  That should tell you all you need to know.   Needless to say the 2 cabs full of friends that I took there were not too thrilled with my choice, haha.   But it was entertaining to say the least!  We got to see some Elvis impersonators, Las Vegas locals, and a few girls who I'm pretty sure were "ladies of the evening."    It was a memorable night at least!!    Some of my friends were a little frightened though.
Sandy didn't have any love for "Ellis Island." 

The next day we drove even further into skeezy Vegas when my friend Erin took me to a pawn shop!   Haha, apparently it's a pawn shop that's on a show called "Pawn Stars" that she watches.  I dunno..... just looked like a pawn shop to me.  Anyone watch that show?

Erin at "Pawn Star"

The last night of the conference Arbonne paid Kevin Costner and his band, Modern West, to come sing for us.  I wasn't sure what to expect, but they were really good!  We made our way to the front row and I got a pick from the band!   ....no one seems to share my excitement when I tell them that.  haha.   



We had a great time and got to hear some wonderful speakers.   My favorite quote came from best selling author, Dr. Betrice Barry:

"You can be dumb all by yourself, no need to join up with stupid."

Haha, love it!  Hope you all have a great weekend!!!


2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to know Kevin Costner's band wasn't horrible ;)

    Looks like a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude! You seriously enjoyed V-town. oh and I'm rooting for you to get that Benz. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete