Monday, January 18, 2010

Blast From the Past: HATER

Wow, is every 14 year old girl as angry as I was when I was that age? I always look at girls when they are around 13 or 14, and I just feel sorry for them! It's such an awkward age. You're not really a kid..not really in with the "teenage" crowd yet. You're just awkward! I just want to go up to them, give them a hug, and say "don't worry, it will get better soon."

I was reading my old diary tonight from when I was 14 and I burst out laughing when I got to this. I have no idea what inspired me to write this, but I'm sure it was something completely dumb. It's just too funny not to share, so here you go:

2/1/97

I hate you.
I hate people who lie.
I hate parents who scream at their children.
I hate scary movies, and the feeling of helplessness.
I hate being good.
I hate this room because I have to be here.
I hate the sound of your voice and your words, and all that you are.
I hate this world.
I hate this pen.
I hate my hands and the way it always rains on Sundays.

Poor 14 year old me! I wish I could go back in time and tell myself to chill....it will be okay. Soon, mom will take you to get a makeover. You'll get your hair cut, get contacts, learn how to wear some make up...and things won't be so bad anymore! Haha. If you have a pre-teen girl in your life, go give her a hug!

6 comments:

  1. Well, somewhere between 1997 and 1999 your poetry improved -- or evolved, maybe, because that hate poem was actually not that bad.

    I still remember reading some of your entries in Serendipity and sighing.

    By the way, I'm enjoying your blog, too. You have a very honest voice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (Oops, didn't really mean to delete the above comment. I spelled something wrong and was just trying to edit!) haha

    Thank you! Ah, Serendipity! I need to get that out and look at those again. It's so funny to look back on things I wrote back then and to try to remember why I was feeling that way. I'm sure most of it was because of some boy! It always is!

    Thanks for reading, then and now. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha...i'm guessing you were grounded on that day!!! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's what I'm thinking! And I probably got yelled at by my parents, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hating pens?! jeez, whats next? ;) i liked this.

    ReplyDelete