Friday, January 29, 2010

Friday night at the bar



Well I got off work early tonight, and I'm very happy to be home! The restaurant was pretty slow tonight, but I managed to make decent tips anyway. I was really not in the mood to deal with rude people tonight, and there were plenty of them, so it's a good thing I got sent home early. Earlier tonight a woman with pink hair, gold teeth, and way too low rise jeans, approached the bar and asked for a "watermelon martini." My manager made her martini, and served it to her. She then proceeded to take a sip and say "oooh, thas nasty, I don wan it." When asked what was wrong with it, she said "it taste like pure alcohol." Well...that's pretty much what martinis are people. She said she'd rather have a strawberry daiquiri. So.... my manager dumped the "nasty" martini in the blender, added strawberry mix and ice, and blended it up. The pink haired woman thought it was delicious. I thought it was pretty funny.

We're supposed to get a few inches of snow tonight...we'll see. Wanna bet that every grocery store in Kentucky is out of milk and bread? Oh people.... you crack me up.


4 comments:

  1. Oh I remember my days serving so I am with you!!! And do people not realize that martini's are pure alcohol!!! Oh nutty ridiculously dressed women... what shall we do with them! They are normally the ones who don't tip well either! Punks!!!

    Fun blog! Glad I stopped by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, she sounded like one CLASSSSY lady haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed looking over your blog
    God bless you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice blog. Congratulations, dear Ashley. Come with us to Contemporary Horizon Magazine. It will be fun!
    Daniel D. PEACEMAN, editor of CHM
    E-mail: drgdaniel@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete