Friday, February 19, 2010

Honest Scrap, Link Love, and Ninjas!

Happy Friday everyone!   I got to have lunch with my mom today at a yummy mediterranean place, now I'm stuffed and I really want to take a nap before I have to head to work!   If I fall asleep tonight while bartending, hopefully someone will throw a drink on me or something to wake me up.  
 (On second thought.... please don't.... throw money instead!!!)

Thanks so much to Amy over at Handprints of the Heart for giving me this award!!!  Be sure to check out her super cute blog!   


I LOVE awards!!!!  Just ask my husband.... I still have every award I've ever gotten!  And I'll show them to you too if you come over.  Heck yes... I'm proud that I was awarded "Best Actress" from my high school drama club.  Haha.... you'd think they were oscars....  "I'd like thank the academy..."

Ok...so I'm supposed to tell you 
10 things about myself you might not know:

1.  I love to dance!  I am currently taking "modern" and "jazz" lessons.  They're very humbling... and I wish I hadn't waited until I was 26 to do it..but I love it so much!

2.  I spent all the money I got when I graduated from high school on a karaoke machine, which I still have. On any random night you might find me in my basement singing karaoke by myself.

3.  While in the shower I like to act like I'm auditioning for American Idol, and I often think about which song I would sing for Simon.  

4.  I'm a vegetarian.

5.  I'm late everywhere I go, and most of the time it's because I'm on here, reading your blogs.   So, really...it's all your fault.  haha

6.  I can quote every line from "Grease" and "The Wizard of Oz."   I love musicals!

7.  I'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses.  And guess what?  I'm normal!  I actually get a kick out of all of the crazy rumors there are out there about us.   In all seriousness, my faith is the most important thing in my life.

8.  I'm always cold.   My husband and I always fight about the temperature in our house.   I like to keep it at 75.   (I win.)

9.  I went to 9 different schools growing up because we moved around so much.   I never minded it though, in fact, I think it actually helped me to be more social because it forced me to meet new people.

10.  I've never in my life mowed grass, and I never intend to.

 Now I pass it to 10 people.
I'm passing it to some great "tell it like it is" bloggers!:

1. Insomniac Lolita.  She has a great blog, love her latest post!  She "tells it like it is!"
2. A Blonde Walks into a Blog.  If you haven't read Juliana's blog yet, she's fabulous!!!  Always honest, and insightful.  She probably already has this award, but if so, she's getting it again!
3. Jenny Matlock.  She is too funny, and you never have to guess what she's thinking!
4.  Let's Have a Cocktail.  I'm sure Jenny's gotten this award before since she has so many followers and is so awesome...but I'm giving it to her again so you'll check her out.
5.  Christopher and Tia.  I just love her blog, she's super cute and trendy, and her blog has a great honest quality about it!
6.  Smart and Sassy with Sprinkles.  The name says it all, check her out!
7.  Single Infertile Female.  Check out her blog, you'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll have a good time!
8.  The Musings of Amber Murphy.  She already has this award, but I'm giving it again anyway, because if you're not reading her TMI Thursdays, you are missing out!
9.  Magically Ordinary.  Great blog!!  Check it out.
10.  Stoic.  She cracks me up!


Whew!!!  Alright......  my job is done here.  

Oh.... and by the way, 
I would SO give this guy money!


Yikes!  I gotta go get ready for work so I'm not late... SEE I told you... it's all your fault!
(I forgive you.)

15 comments:

  1. LOL love the Ninja's killed my family-need money for kung-fu lessons! I'm with you!!

    I admire you for dancing, even starting at 26, I'd love to dance, but I'm terrible and don't have the courage to try it out!!

    Congrats on the awards and too the winners!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love mowing my lawn. It just feels very summer-y. My husband shovels in the winter and I am glad I don't have to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy FF!! I’m a new follower. Come visit me on my blog.
    Anat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley,

    You are a hoot. This is too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your Honest Scrap, and thanks for the shout out and for passing it on to me.

    I really do like your blog. Even if I didn't already know and love you, I would think that your blog is awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for tagging me, you're such a sweetheart :) and I like it that you DANCE. Wow, I mean I love dancing too but aside of wiggling around in the club ( haha ), I don't know any particular dance techniques :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ashley, honestly that is the best way i have ever heard of someone spending their graduation money!!

    Why buy a car when you can have a karaoke machine!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. For the record: I would give that guy every cent I had on me! HA!

    Also, I'm mildly freaked out because I also was voted best actress in high school (most likely to be famous - but it was for my acting skills... which I have since done nothing with!), I was a vegetarian for 14 years (I just started eating meat again last month - I had to give soy up for the fertility thing, and just figured, as much as I hate the idea of meat, it would be the best thing overall for a healthy pregnancy. I haven't graduated beyond deli turkey slices!), I joke that I run late for life, and I have seen Grease 1000 times (I was actually Sandra D. [the slutty version] for halloween once!)

    Kind of creepy. That's all I'm saying!

    And thanks for the shout out - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your award and love your list. I love to dance too and Grease is pop cult iconic.

    Thank you so much for sharing this with me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats!!! And thanks so much for giving it to me! You have helped to make this such a fabulous week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your award ... remember now that you love the cold...when you hit about 50 and menop finds you hopefully it will help! ha!

    And thanks so much for thinking of me!

    I'm glad you got this. Your blog is always so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, you totally rock! Thank you SO MUCH for sharing this award with me, I'm so excited and honored. I loved your ten things about you and laughed out loud at the running late comment. I am the same way, yet I always find a way to check in with blogland before I leave the house, no matter how late I am :)

    Thanks again sweet girl! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL, that guys sign is awesome! And WOW we do have alot in common!! Except 2, 4, and 7 I'd swear it was me who wrote those! ;) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats!

    I've never mowed the grass either and I'm tno going to start now. I love musicals too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You sound like a fantastic person. I wish i knew you.

    ReplyDelete