Tuesday, February 9, 2010

"I love Paris in the spring time.."

For as long as I can remember, I have wanted to go to Europe. Although I got to travel quite a bit growing up, I had a mother who hated airplanes, so we never went anywhere that required too long of a flight! Of course a few years ago, once I was already married and out of the house, THEN she decided that she could handle it, and off they went to France and Barcelona....without me! (tear) And so the responsibility has fallen on the husband. There is just something about Europe that calls to me from over the ocean.... The people, the scenery, the art, the atmosphere! I want to go everywhere: Paris, London, Rome, Venice, Italy, Ireland! If only I had the money, money, money, money, money!

Lately though, I'm beginning to feel like it's "now or never." We'll always have an excuse for not going, so I say we just go! So the hubby and I have decided that in 2010:
we. are. going. to. Europe!!
We've been saving up and we'll be booking something in the next few months. Now we just have to decide where we want to go the most.

I think.... I have to go to Paris

I just want to walk down the streets

I want to drink coffee and wine at a sidewalk cafe

I want to see the Eiffel Tower at Night

Admire the art at the Louvre

Sigh.... I want to be Audrey Hepburn

Really... is that too much to ask?


5 comments:

  1. you deserve to go to Paris. I think every girl does :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're speaking right to my heart!! Awww how I wish those same exact things!! I'm jealous your dream has light at the end of the tunnel though!! :) Paris is definitely where I would HAVE to go first, this post is like music to me. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know why, but when I read your post (this morning -- didn't have time to comment earlier) I immediately thought of "Springtime/ for Hitler/ in Ger-ma-ny!"

    And it's been in my head all day.

    I am aware how little that has to do with Paris!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, now that is stuck in MY head... thanks!!

    ReplyDelete